Yes it's 12:45am on a Thursday morning and I'm still awake even though I have to go to work tomorrow (hopefully it's a short day since it's a holiday weekend...(come on boss-man let us out early!)
Anyways, I'm awake because Philip just left for the farm...long story short, he's going for a night with some friends because he's been itching to get down there and had to work late tonight filling up all his machines...Hey!...you know how YOOOOOU get when you don't have your daily snickers/m&m/skittle/coca cola fix. I know how I am when I don't have chocolate and it's not a pretty picture...actually that picture could be taken of my hips and you would understand better...more on that later, I've got to get in shape while I'm still in my mid twenties just so I can have that hot bikini picture to look back on for memories sake.
Anyways, I digress, Philip took off and he took my puppy Ruby with him. (notice how I say MY puppy...however, if she does something bad she's automatically PHILIP'S puppy), hey I just make the rules people, they don't have to make sense.
It's Ruby's first trip to the farm and her first trip in her crate in the back of a truck. She made the haul out to brother Pat's house while in the air conditioned coolness of Philip's car, but this is a first. I am slightly worried about her, I put a pillow inside the crate, because the truck could be a bumpy ride of course! I put a bone, a toy and that's about it so I hope she won't be to scared by the wind whipping through the crate at 70 mph as she speeds down the highway. She watched me say 'good-bye' the whole way down the street so I can only hope she's ok since I didn't hear her say anything like "get me the hell out of here!"
Actually I think she will be pleasantly surprised when she arrives at the farm with spaces bigger than our back yard to run around in.
(sigh) I'm guessing this actually would be worse if she were actually our child, geeze calm down Nicole, it's just a dog. (I've never had a dog by the way, so grant me some allowances people)
She's a pretty smart dog. I've taught her to sit & lay down and she's 3 months old. We're working on 'roll over' and when she actually listens to that one she has a pretty good 'high five' we've worked on.
What's the best trick you've taught your dog??? Don't be shy people there's plenty of space to comment!
*oh and blog stalkers, yes I'm home without my puppy Ruby tonight but I have an alarm, and 3 more dogs in the back yard so don't get any bright ideas!
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment