
For some it's about the larger things in life, not me, it's the small details that make things worth while.
For instance today, I stopped by one of my favorite food establishments, chick-fil-a for lunch.
For my Yankee readers it's a fast food place with...wait for it....chicken. There's no beef on the menu and it's mainly a southern chain of restaurants. I hesitate to use the word fast food because chick-fil-a is mostly healthy and has tons of grilled options and fruit instead of fries. I love me some chick-fil-a, especially those waffle fries and fresh lemonade. They're also a family place with kids night, and are closed on Sundays. (I think someone tried to sue them for being closed on Sunday and of course that moron lost. Hey if you don't like Gods day that's your problem, but the chick-fil-a and it's workers need a day off too!)
Anyways you're saying get to the point Nicole, what does this have to do with technology. Remember it's in the details people. Usually chick-fil-a has MAJORLY long lines around lunch and dinner. Today when I pulled up, of course it was the same; long line and tons of people inside as well. But today wasn't like any other day. There was a worker standing outside by the drive through what a clipboard in his hand walking toward me so I roll down the window. Said clipboard was NOT a clipboard at all, it was a WIRELESS DEVICE FOR PLACING YOUR ORDER! Seriously, I believe that the menu with 15 choices is what slows people down. They pull up and gaze around at the menu aimlessly and proceed to order the SAME THING they do every time they pull up except that they've wasted 2 minutes per car of MY time. Eliminated the menu, lessen the wait that's what I say.
After I ordered he proceeded to take my debit card and I was able to pay on the spot! Can you believe that? The line moved much faster and I received my crispy goodness that is waffle fries that much faster.
I have often said that God knew what time period I needed to exist in. I could not churn butter, ride in a covered wagon, club mammoths, skin cattle for clothing or live without air conditioning. It's just not in it for me, I love my Internet, laptop computer, guitar hero, digital camera and my car way too much.
They even put a little calendar of their family events in my bag July 10th is "Dress Like a Cow and Receive Free Chicken," does someone have a child & costume I can borrow for that?
No comments:
Post a Comment