Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Galveston

Caught this big daddy in a crab trap in Galveston a few weeks ago. Unfortunately he was missing his small claw and a few legs so we threw him back :o(
Philip and I recently took some fly fishing lessons and I took out my new salt water fly rod to give it a try in the bay. I had some nice casts and some not so nice casts. But didn't catch anything. I was feeling kind of nervous since I'm still learning so when people stopped to watch I got kind of shy and would sloooooowly reel in my line hoping they'd move along. Two guys drove over on their golf cart because they couldn't believe a girl was fly fishing. I told them I hated to disappoint but I was just learning so there sadly wasn't much 'fishing' going on. Once I practice some more I'll call them over to pay to watch my fishing skills next time!

No comments: