Monday, June 25, 2012

A re-finished outdoor table

I've had several projects in the works and most of them are still incomplete, but I did manage to finish one. It's a table for our backyard that sits under an oak tree. It's perfect for hanging out in the evening or eating outside. We picked up the table for $30 from a garage sale store that had all kinds of junk in it. Philip was nice enough to let me bring it home to clean up. I'm sure he had his doubts but I made it happen. It was an old white-washed blue color and that just would not work for me, so I sanded, washed, sanded and sanded some more before i finally reached for the paint remover and made quick work of the job. Then I stained the top and proceeded to paint the legs. As luck would have it one of our neighbors down the street was selling four chairs for only $25 on our neighborhood facebook group. So I snapped those up and painted them too!