Last night we went to Miller Outdoor Theater to check out the LUMA light show. It is a show where people dance and juggle in the dark all while holding or wearing /various kinds of LED, glow sticks etc. VERY GOOD SHOW! (They're playing tonight Sat 8/29 again) I went with a group of neighbors and Philip of course...we had some good friends meet us up there...thanks Matt, Jennifer, Gracen and Daniel!! A good time was had by all, plus we rocked out an awesome picnic as well (more on that later) One of the funniest times of the night was when these 2 boys; they couldn't have been more than 7; were invading our little cluster of lawn chairs. They just sat down in our chairs and pulled them over to where they wanted to sit so they could see the show. I started laughing so hard and their mother happened to be standing beside me was trying to hide her laughter as well while the dad yelled at them to get out of our chairs. I told the kids don't worry they could sit down because it was hard work standing the whole time. They looked so scared when they were caught, it was just too funny. I remember the days of being a kid when you just don't think about those things. Your legs are tired and you come across a chair and you sit down...as simple as that! You don't stop to think that someone may own that chair, that's just needless details! I wish I could have taken more video for you guys because the show really was cool so but they didn't want you recording so I've posted a view videos and a youtube video with more good stuff on it. Apparently the show has toured all over China and came to our little free outdoor theater. (remind me to make a donation to them, they deserve it!) Anyways, the picnic. I made a super awesome sandwich, and NO, it wasn't just a sandwich, this was a pure work of art. It was a big loaf of french bread sliced in half and TOASTED on the stove grill. THEN I proceeded to top it with turkey, ham, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, BACON and mayo...but the mayo that was the secret, I mixed in some ranch dressing with the mayo so it was a kind of ranch sauce...(you can wipe the drool from your mouth now.) It was very good. Then I made a chilled pasta salad with bow tie pasta, red peppers, black olives and a balsamic vinaigrette. It was also very good...seriously I'm going to open a restaurant! If you want the recipes I'll send it your way just let me know!
lightning show
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment