Monday, March 21, 2011

Finally Updating

WOW I have not updated this blog since August 2010...that is just sad. I'm sure anyone reading has long since abandoned this link. Well, it has obviously been way too long since I have even attempted to update this blog and I have tons of photos...and we've been up to all kinds of stuff.

I took my first trip to Llano, Texas for Rob's 70th birthday party which of course was a blast, love that family so much!!!..Thank you to Kathy and Ken for including us at the celebration. We had a blast going up the mountain, too many funny memebers in the Wright family had us laughing until our sides hurt. We also took our first trip to the FAMOUS Cooper's BBQ!! I had seen it on food network and could not pass it by before we left without going in for some food and photos. Sean took us out to his favorite spot at the Llano River and he and Philip walked around and saw some nice sized fish swimming in a deep portion of the river, I'm bringing my fishing pole next time!

Flew to Midland for cousin Robert's wedding and also meet the newest Suchecki family member!

We also went on a trip to New Orleans in August with some lovely people from work and I took Philip as well. Thaks to the big boss, we rode a party bus on the way down and back, and party?!?!...why yes we did! We stayed in a haunted hotel but did not witness any kind of ghost activity, that could also be attributed to the fact that by the time we went to bed we literally passed out. The ghost could've been Jacob Marley with rattling chains and we never would've heard him. We also went by our favorite hang out introduced to us by friend Daniel's Uncle Dave. It's called the Spotted Cat/ It's a totally wonderful dive bar and it has some of the best blues music in New Orleans you will ever find! Of course we had to have beignets at Cafe Du Monde and a hurricane at Pat O'Brien's and gamble some money away.

Went to Kemah by the beach here in Houston for a day trip with our former neighbors and had a blast checking out the sea life, riding the paddle boat and more.

We actually got around to fixing up our own yard after losing the Today Show battle... (Thanks again for that Matt Lauer).

In November we had our yearly Wiffleball Tournament and I actually played this year and my team won...I did pretty good considering that I have no hand/eye coordination. We had a blast and played hard even my favorite Joe Suchecki showed up to play some ball!! Jim and Kuohui Suchecki were also in town to play for the first time ever and even little Michael Kyle made an appearance to cheer everyone on as he strolled around the park in his wheels! (Speaking of Michael Kyle....I am SO PROUD to say that Jim and Kuohui asked me to be Godmother to their son!! I am so excited and the big event happens in May!!)

I have been going through the RCIA process for a little over a year and I will become Catholic this Easter. It's been an awesome journey! One that I'm glad is ending...but, also just beginning in an new way. And I am ESPECIALLY glad that I will have a Godson to spoil rotten as well!!

Philip and I went to Las Vegas in November for our anniversary- I think it was the first trip to Vegas for us both. We stayed at the New York, New York Hotel that had came complete with it's own roller coaster and; Statue of Liberty. We went to a Cirque show, toured the town and rented a car and drove to the Hoover Dam as well...which was a nice trip. We had the one of the BEST (and most expensive dinners known to man) ever at The Stratosphere hotel. It was also one of the best meals I've ever had, the chef was excellent and cooked everything to perfection. The Stratosphere is a restaurant on the top of a hotel tower that spins around slowly. There are also rides on the top of the hotel that are super scary (video below). I thought I was going to go one one but after watching my dare-devil self was too scared to go. (Maybe next time.) Philip had a seafood dish at the restaurant and as usual I totally out-ordered him and he ate half my dinner...one half of my plate was a steak, the other half had duck and in the middle was a piece of foie gras. Soooo good. Next up a short drive outside of Vegas...Philip had never driven in Nevada or Arizona...and he of course had to upgrade my economy rental to the Dodge Charger instead of the little Ford Focus they give you. We drove to the Hoover Dam for the afternoon and had a blast. It's always good to see those parts of America that you wouldn't see otherwise unless visiting the region. Sadly the Grand Canyon was 8 hours away otherwise I would have drug him there as well. (Philip's never been) But that will have to be another vacation as I would love to go back!

and without further ado: a bunch of gratuitous photos!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved seeing all the pics. Vegas has really changed since I was last there.