What better way in this digital, un-personal, cyberspace world than create a blog to keep in touch with our family and friends. Yes, we're too lazy to call you all to keep you up to date on the mundane-ness of our daily lives, so we'll just tell it to the internet in hopes you'll check in every now and then.
I promise to teach Philip how to work this thing and you may get a post or two out of him...he may even eventually learn how to load photos to the site all by himself...although I make no promises.
Since, we're newly engaged, I guess it's time to start facing the fact that we're stuck together and I'll have to learn to start sharing one of these days, so for starters we can share this blog. We've been together for about six years now and became engaged on December 31, 2007. It was a great year (or as I referred to it for 365 days as "The Year of Nicole," new jobs for both of us, better finances, engagements and so on...I've already declared 2008 to be "The Year of Nicole Part Deux," ....although...I guess I need to rephrase that to "The Year of Nicole and Philip Part Deux."
I went to the bridal extravaganza in January and dragged Philip to another one (we only stayed 40minutes so I hardly consider that torture)
I think I'm already sick of everything "wedding," if I see anymore lace, silk, beading, flowers, frilly things etc. I think I will explode. I guess it's not in me to be the high-pitched screaming, jumping girl about anything, sure I'm excited, I just don't think half of Houston needs or wants to hear me squeeling for joy. However, there are pictures of me grinning from ear to ear. Pics below are taken on the pier at the farm just after we got engaged. Oh yeah, the ring doesn't sparkle because there's no bling in it yet...I get to pick it all out myself :o)
Nic
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment